- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/make-blogger-blog-mobile-friendly-redirect-mobile-users/#sthash.E52uouQz.dpuf The Bomans: The Bapron...

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Bapron...

Photo Courtesy of CINO
My good friend is having a baby girl in November and I was invited to her baby shower this weekend. While talking to Sage about what I should give her, he suggested I try to make something. After quite a while of thinking and internet searching I came across a blog (Craftiness is not Optional) with this lovely tutorial and decided that I would give it a try. (Because I do not have a baby of my own yet to model my creations, I am borrowing CINO's pictures from her tutorial.)

Photo Courtesy of CINO

Photo Courtesy of CINO (isn't she cute?!)
They were so much fun to make! I love sewing and am not sure how much time I will have once baby boy gets here to make things like this so I was very happy to have a day I could devote to working on these. Here are the two I made:





I made my own bias tape mostly to be sure I got the color I wanted but also to save some money. It would have gone a lot faster had I just bought some but that is just fine with me. If you are interested in making your own here is a wonderful tutorial from MADE which I used to make mine. (ps. I love this blog.) These would be ten times better if I had used oil cloth instead of cotton so that you could just wipe the mess off instead of having to wash the whole bib but I was going for economical with these ones. Next time perhaps... 

Now I just need to find some great boy fabric and make some for my little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment