- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/make-blogger-blog-mobile-friendly-redirect-mobile-users/#sthash.E52uouQz.dpuf The Bomans: Baked Oatmeal

Friday, August 19, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

Today's post is a favorite. This recipe came from my mamacita who I am pretty sure got it from my sister. Anyways, it is very delicious. It is a make ahead recipe which makes breakfast the morning after a breeze.

Prep time: fast and very easy
Bake time: 35 min.
Serves 6 (unless you want a second bowl. I recommend doubling this one if you are feeding more than 4. Then you might have some for the next morning as well.)
Ingredients:
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. white sugar*
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 T. baking powder
- 3c. oats (We prefer the old fashion variety rather than quick oats but it turns out with both.)
- 1/2 c. raisins (These are optional. I like using craisins when I have them but it is great without.)
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. cinnamon

*(Sage does not like it so sweet so he has been trying to get me to add less sugar but I always forget before it is too late. If you happen to try this with less sugar I would be very happy to hear how it turns out.)

Beat together oil and sugar. Mix in eggs, milk, salt, baking powder and oatmeal. Beat well, then stir in raisins or craisins or disregard this step if you are having it plain. Pour into lightly greased pan, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. (I mix them together first then sprinkle.) Refrigerate overnight. Next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake until firm, about 35 min.

Serve warm with some milk (like cereal). Cow's milk is what we always have but Soy milk is a yummy treat as well. The first time I had this was at my sister's house with hazelnut cream (any kind of cream is very yummy) and some fresh blueberries. This can be eaten a variety of ways. I would love to hear how your family likes it best. (Mmm, strawberries and cream would be so tasty. No, fresh raspberries and cream. There is a huge garden in our backyard that had TONS of fresh raspberries about a month ago. I can't believe we didn't try that. I have made myself hungry thinking about it. Well, guess what I am making tonight?)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment